Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Leslie Loves

1) The Fruit and Berry Patch in Halls, Tennessee. Andy and I picked apples, ate fried pies and spoke with the incredibly cordial owner for 30 minutes. Now I just have to figure out what to make with all of these apples.

2) Fried pies. We ate some in Halls (see above) and now I feel the need to learn my grandmother's famous recipe.

3) The volunteers and staff that make Hope Resource Center run. It is a tough, often discouraging job and these men and women do amazing and loving work.

4) Football season despite last weekend's events and the impending doom that awaits the Vols in Gainesville this Saturday.

5) Franklin the wonder dog.
6) Mondays. Unusual, I know, but Mondays are fantastic.

1 comment:

Emilee Stanley said...

When you get the recipe down let me know. I LOVE fried apple pies!