Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Flashback - I Run for Orphans

A friend reminded me of this post from my blog a few years ago. This friend said, "I read that post and thought, 'He loves orphans, she loves orphans. Those two should get together!'" Well, almost exactly three years after that post I am going to marry that boy and we plan to care for orphans together for as long as we both shall live.

One of the amazing things about our relationship is that as we have fallen deeply in love with each other, God has been unifying our life goals and vision for ministry. From the beginning, my passion for adoption and orphan care is what attracted Andy to me and he has taken a lot of time and energy to learn all about it. We both have restless hearts to love the least of these in Jesus' name and are in whole-hearted agreement that God will use us to love orphans through foster care, adoption and orphan care efforts. What most people see as overwhelming, we see as an exciting adventure and cannot wait to get started.

I wrote that post thinking how great is was that this young guy was raising money for an orphange in Haiti with no idea that Andy was going to be my husband and lifelong ministry partner. Quite an astonishing God we have, isn't He? "Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!: Romans 11:33.

1 comment:

laura m said...

that is so, so great! who knew...