- I was a freshman in high school.
- Kurt Cobain had just committed suicide.
- Gas cost well under $1/gallon.
- I couldn't believe that my sister was about to graduate, I thought that she was so grown up.
- And, unbeknowst to me at the time, the massacre of one million people began in Rwanda.
Walt Mueller has a poignant post about why we should care about Rwanda. And why we should care that nobody in the world community did care 15 years ago. Please give it a read, then watch the movie Hotel Rwanda and then pick up "Left to Tell" that he references. It is a remarkable story and is one of the books that enlivened my heart for Africa when I read it a few years ago. I challenge you to refuse to be ignorant of what is happening in this world. We must know to care and we must care to act.