Thursday, December 29, 2011

My New Job

Today is my first day as a stay at home wife (SAHW)/ soon-to-be stay at home mom (SAHM). I have had three jobs since my college graduation over a decade ago (yikes!) and I have loved all of them. I love to work, I get it from my dad, but I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom once we started a family. We have had a hectic (yet incredible year) and Andy has been looking forward to my time being more flexible and being able to do a lot of tasks during the day so that we have more time together on evenings and weekends.

I have heard about how hard transition going from the working world to being at home full-time, so I am interested to see how I adjust. I have a serious list of projects to work on and we will begin doing weekend care for a set of 9, 11, and 13 year old brothers in January. My first morning home has been productive and now I am  waiting on our friends Mike and Claire to drop off their foster kids who we are keeping for a few days as Mike and Claire celebrate their anniversary. I am considering this weekend trial by fire!

(Well, I had all kinds of fun pictures to post of my morning, but blogger won't upload them. I'll try again later!)

2 comments:

jackie said...

Oh! Leslie how wonderful!! I am so excited for your journeys ahead! :)

oh just living vicariously!
jackie

Leigh Ann @ Intentional By Grace said...

It is an adjustment, but a beautiful one. I joke that I have the best boss in town. He always gives me vacation days when I want them, and they never run out. However, I have found that I don't even need the vacation days anymore. :P You'll love being home. You're such a servant and go-getter, you'll put us all to shame girl! Look forward to seeing a new year unfold for you!